Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mike-norrkoping
New Contributor

Dashboards not updating in FortiSIEM

First timer here, so be kind :)

We have two FortiSIEM environments - QA and Prod, to which we send logs from a number of sources, one being FortiMail. In our QA environment (minimal setup, hardly any resources like CPU/RAM) FortiSIEM manages fine and updates the default Fortinet Security dashboards as you'd expect. For some reason that doesn't happen in our Prod environment (BIG server, plenty of resources). Both environments are running the same versions, one collector fronting the sup, log sources as well as collectors are on the same subnets, log is coming into both QA and Prod, if I check in Analysis I see transactions in both - but the dashboard won't update in Prod. Any way we could re-initialize a dashboard?

Any idea where we should look?

Mike-Norrkoping
Mike-Norrkoping
1 Solution
mike-norrkoping
New Contributor

Answering my own question as the problem seem to have been sorted.

We had an issue with our collector in our Prod environment filling up disk, which might have caused the error (assuming logs never actually reached the sup), and after finding this document https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/6.7.1/release-notes/148168/whats-new-in-6-7-1 and applying the fix, the issue with dashboards not updating has been sorted. Or at least we haven't noticed it since.

Mike-Norrkoping

View solution in original post

Mike-Norrkoping
2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Mike,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
mike-norrkoping
New Contributor

Answering my own question as the problem seem to have been sorted.

We had an issue with our collector in our Prod environment filling up disk, which might have caused the error (assuming logs never actually reached the sup), and after finding this document https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/6.7.1/release-notes/148168/whats-new-in-6-7-1 and applying the fix, the issue with dashboards not updating has been sorted. Or at least we haven't noticed it since.

Mike-Norrkoping
Mike-Norrkoping
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors