Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bomber
New Contributor

Creating Custom Report

could any one help me to create custom report including dataset and all required configuration to view report contains users and url visited by them including full URL?

Forianluzer v5.2.4

Regards..

4 REPLIES 4
thomsoni2
New Contributor

Did you ever get an answer to this ?

I'm struggling to get the value out of the reporting side from FAZ myself.

chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

bomber wrote:

could any one help me to create custom report including dataset and all required configuration to view report contains users and url visited by them including full URL?

Most of the predefined reports regarding web activity focus on hostname (i.e., domain).  In logs, the URL field is reserved for the directory information that follows the domain.

You are using a pretty old version of FortiAnalyzer.  

For general training on reporting for FortiAnalyzer, please see the following video: 

FortiAnalyzer Reporting Overview

Please also see: Creating a Custom report using Chart Builder Tool from Log View

You can (some of these tools/options are available in more recent FortiAnalyzer firmware) 1. Customize existing charts 2. Use chart builder (from Log View) 3. Use Export to Chart (from FortiView) 4. Apply filters to reports (Report Settings)

If you have familiarity with SQL syntax, you can clone and edit existing datasets.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
gradius85
New Contributor III

Not sure if you got your report; however, I find the easiest way is to use the Log View, and do the following:

Step 1:

Organize the fields you want in the report

Step 2:

Under the Spanner/Wrench looking icon > "Chart Builder"

Use the chart builder, which will generate the needed: chart and dataset. You will just need to do build the actual report from the two items that are generated when you created the items when you used "chart builder'.

cbautist
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm new in the Forum. My concern is similar but I'm looking to create a report with AV Signature version of each devices or clients that are managed thru FortiEMS.

Hoping to get some answers.

Thanks

Claro

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors