Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
juancabrera1998
New Contributor

Create Vlan for a CCTV IP

Hello everyone, 

I have some questions about how to configurate a Vlan for CCTV IP.

Currently I have one only Vlan for my all devices, but for security I wanna implement a second Vlan for security cameras, my questions are:

1. if a wanna create a second vlan, Will I need another switch? 

2. Will i need a administrable switch?

3. in case of no, what i need for this implementation?

sorry but i have some questions, than if you can, please add a connection graphics. or if only needs configuration in fortigate please tell me. 

1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

If you need to implement multiple VLANs on one single switch then it has to be managed.

Or in case you have multiple unmanaged switches then you can separate your cameras from the rest of your network by putting them all on a single switch and connect the switch directly to FortiGate, so this way you will have physically separated LANs.

Then on FortiGate you configure that port with IP/mask and then add the needed firewall rules.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

If you need to implement multiple VLANs on one single switch then it has to be managed.

Or in case you have multiple unmanaged switches then you can separate your cameras from the rest of your network by putting them all on a single switch and connect the switch directly to FortiGate, so this way you will have physically separated LANs.

Then on FortiGate you configure that port with IP/mask and then add the needed firewall rules.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors