Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rezafathi
Contributor II

Control wan to lan traffics

Hi,

If i create a policy from wan to lan with security profiles enabled, is that going to protect the inbound traffic to my lan? And also do i need to enable nat for this traffic direction?

Reza F.
Reza F.
1 Solution
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @rezafathi ,

yes if you have UTMs on inbound policy it will protect internal servers.. For NAT it depends on your network. If your servers default gateway is Fortigate you don not need NAT and this will also be good for your  logs on servers. If FGT is not the default then you need NAT(SNAT) and on server logs all inbound connections will have the Fortigate IP address as a source.

Abdel 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @rezafathi ,

yes if you have UTMs on inbound policy it will protect internal servers.. For NAT it depends on your network. If your servers default gateway is Fortigate you don not need NAT and this will also be good for your  logs on servers. If FGT is not the default then you need NAT(SNAT) and on server logs all inbound connections will have the Fortigate IP address as a source.

Abdel 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors