Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Connections to port 8888 ?

Hello every one ! I' m a french user (without any skill in firewall configuration) running a Fortigate 200, 2.8, build 219 for a 50 persons company. Since I' ve moved from 2.50 to 2.80 (one week), I have noticed that there is many connections from my firewall (external link) to various IP (none of them are known by me, even with a trace route, I have no idea who they are), with UDP protocol on port 8888. What do you think it is, since the Firewall is not suposed to do anything on the 8888 port.... (and for information, we do not host web sites on that port, so we shouldn' t have any trafic on that particular port). Do you think it' s a virus/intrusion or somethink like that ? If so, how can I block them ? Thank you very much for the help you could provide Thomas
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Hi, looks like category filtering is enabled on your FGT and it talks to the Category DB...
Not applicable

Hi ! Thanks for your mail but I don' t understand what you' re talking about... What is " category filtering" & " Category DB" ? Do you mean the " Category Block" from the " Web filter" ? I' m lost... Thomas
Not applicable

Hi, Web Filter -> Category Block -> Configuration -> EnableService Fortiguard Fortiguard service enabled?
Not applicable

Yes, it *was* enable until I understood what you meant. Now that I have unchecked the button, I have still 9 connections from my fortigate (ip external from port 1026) to various IP on port 8888 (always the same 9, one of the is aa2003031305006.userreverse.dion.ne.jp) in UDP mode. Any idea ??? Thnaks Thomas
Not applicable

I' m a french user (without any skill in firewall configuration) running a Fortigate 200, 2.8, build 219 for a 50 persons company
You can put that on your signature to save you time and space . Wellcome my frient to the Fortigate comunity.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors