Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
natty7
New Contributor

Client bandwidth limiting?

Apologies as I have never actually worked with a FortiGate, but have a use case where it will make sense. Looking to put in a 40F and curious if it will limit clients to say a max of 25mbit. Trying not to have 1 user where there could be 200-300 users saturate a 1Gbx1Gb link. I looked at some docs, but I see it for overall bandwidth on the LAN or WAN ports, to/from a specific IP address, but not per client.

Appreciate any help or point in the right direction.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
1 REPLY 1
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

I beleive you are looking for per IP shaper - https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.15/cookbook/885253/per-ip-traffic-shaper

With per-IP traffic shaping, you can limit each IP address's behavior to avoid a situation where one user uses all of the available bandwidth. In addition to controlling the maximum bandwidth used per IP address, you can also define the maximum number of concurrent sessions for an IP address

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors