Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nacho-Bidadiea
New Contributor

Cant stablish forticlient VPN remote-access

FortiGate 300E in version 6.2.3 build1066

I'm trying to create an IPsec Tunnel to connect remote to Intranet Servers but don't connect.

I'm doing an IPsec tunnel step by step

Start with authentication ( I save the prepared key ) and the group "Bidaidea" has a user called "nacho" with a password that I know

Local interface Datos ( 10.10.200.1/24 ) - and I get the client Address Range 10.10.199.50 - 100 ( I tried with 10.10.200.0/24 subnet range )

And the VPN and policy are created

The policy

Policy created by VPN WIZARDPolicy created by VPN WIZARD

So if I try an IPSEC connection to de gateway on the same INCOMING interface I configured ( wan1 )

Config on VpnClinet later than the screenshot i changed the gatewayConfig on VpnClinet later than the screenshot i changed the gateway

Error trying to connect by VPNError trying to connect by VPN

VPN connection failed. Please check your settings, network connection and shared key and try the connection again. If the problem persists contact your network administrator for help.

If I ping the gateway with my PC I get a response, so the gateway is OK.

I tried too with SSL VPN and cant connect.

Otherwise is if I put my credentials wrong, the error message change so Forti come to authenticate me

3 REPLIES 3
vponmuniraj
Staff
Staff

Hi Nacho, 

Please enable debug on the FGT and share the outputs 

diag deb reset

diag vpn ike log-filt clear

diag vpn ike log-filt dst-addr4 x.x.x.x   <--- Check the public IP on the device and use it here 

diag deb appl ike -1

diag deb en

Regards,

Vignesh
Nacho-Bidadiea

Hi,

Dont show anything 

imagen_2022-06-13_115204365.png

I put the commands and tried establish a forticlient connection but nothing show up on the screen

Regards,

ssudhakar
Staff
Staff

Hi Nacho,

I have attached a KB and a cookbook (v6.2.3) here that shows step by step procedure on how to setup ipsec vpn remote-access (Dial Up) .  Let me know if this is helpful

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-IPSec-dial-up-full-tunnel-with-FortiClient...

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.3/cookbook/785501/forticlient-as-dialup-client

Thank you,

Hope.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors