Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bmduncan33
New Contributor II

Cannot ssh from FortiGate to Managed Switch

Hello.  My FortiGates manages a bunch of FortiSwitches.  My gates runs 7.0.5 and my switches are at 7.0.4.  At one time I could right-click on a managed switch in FortiOS UI and choose Connect to cli, and a fresh ssh session would open.  Now I get percent_expand: unknown key %H.  I know I read about this problem in a release note somewhere and the fix was also listed.  I can't find that article again for some reason.  Has anyone else seen this and do you know the fix or can you send me the reference?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Does this happen when you try connecting to CLI of all your switches or just one?

What happens if you right-click and select "Diagnostics & Tools" and then click the CLI Access tab? Same error?

Cheers,
Graham
bmduncan33
New Contributor II

Hello.  Its happening to all switches.  If I follow your directions and click the CLI Access Tab I get the same result percent_expand: unknown key %H.  Also, some switches in the UI show Diagnostics & Tools greyed out. 

Ever heard of this before?

gfleming

I have not seen this before, no. Have you opened a ticket with TAC?

Cheers,
Graham
bmduncan33
New Contributor II

Working with TAC.  No solution yet.  

bmduncan33
New Contributor II

Solved by TAC.  When I upgraded to 7.0.5 on my gates, or maybe on an earlier upgrade, the following config got set:

config switch-controller global
set fips-enforce enable

Well FIPS can cause all sorts of issues and often breaks stuff.  We set that to disabled, and while it took a little time to take effect, I no longer see that cryptic error.  Whew!

bmduncan33

Spoke too soon.  While it appeared this was fixed, the problem returned the next day.  Even with FIPS disabled!  It's not a browser cache issue or anything like that.  I've opened a fresh TAC case and referenced the last ticket.  I'll bet this will have to go to development to investigate.  So weird.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors