Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yadsingh
New Contributor

Cannot find unauthorized devices in fortimanager

we have recently moved to a new fortimanager and I am unable to find unauthorize devices tab. The only hint I have is "

1. If necessary, select the Display Hidden Devices check box to display hidden unauthorized devices." as per the guide but I can't locate this option anywhere in root ADOM as well. 

Can anyone help me locate where this option is. 

7 REPLIES 7
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hi @yadsingh ,

If no unauthorized devices showing in your root ADOM, it means that your FGT does not connected to your FMG.

You may want to check and troubleshooting in FGT any possible connectivity issue.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Troubleshooting-Tip-How-to-troubleshoot-connectivity-...

yadsingh
New Contributor

That was not the case as when firewall was trying to connect to fmg it generated an event log (add failed) I was successfully able to add firewall using add device function. My question is more or less related to unauthorized devices tab which is missing (there is no unautorized devices tab present) in the fortimanager itself. 

smkml

Hi @yadsingh ,

There are two different things here:

1. Add device from Device Manager (FortiManager) the authorization will done automatically.

2. Add device from FortiGate itself, you need to manually authorize it, may refer docs below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.2/administration-guide/697989/configuring-central-m...

yadsingh
New Contributor

This is the document I have referred to before even coming to forums. It seems like authorize button on fortimanager is missing. Hope that make sense. 

zebarreto

I can see the devices on FortiAnalyzer under the Unauthorized Devices, but I can't see on FortiManager. There are two Fabric devices and two Syslog. None of them show in FM.

asrour
Staff
Staff

If there are no Authorized devices pending authorization, the unauthorized menu will not appear.

If you added the FGT from the FGT and it didn't appear in un-authorized devices, that could be due to:

- FGT is not able to reach FMG (though it shows you it is waiting for FMG authorization), check the FMG gateway, it could be blocking the traffic, blocking tcp/541 , no route back ....

- the license limit is exceeded in the FMG

- FMG and FGT are not compatible

A Srour
yadsingh

So I figured it out. In Fortimanager 6.2 the unauthorized device tab is always present even when no FortiGate's are pending. However, in newer version when a fortigate is trying to connect, it will randomly pop up and unauthorized device section will disappear once you authorize. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors