Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ForgetItNet
Contributor

Cannot delete fortitoken user "The entry is used by 1 other entries"

Hi all,

We've got a user with a mobile token and their phone is no longer working so we've setup another phone for them and thought we could just re-send the activation email for the QR code to activate it on the new mobile but when we go into the user on the router there is no option ? If we edit his account it just shows the serial number of the existing token in grey. We've tried to delete the user off to re-add it but then we get the error above but i cannot find what "other entry" it's linked to ?

There is a DRIFT column next to his name that shows a -1 in there but no sure if that's relevant but how do we either get the QR code re-sent so we can activate it on the new phone or delete him off to re-add him?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
ForgetItNet
Contributor

Ignore this, i forgot i can delete them off the User Definition bit.....can't seem to find an option to delete this post though !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rmreddy
Staff
Staff

Hi,

If trying to delete the user make sure there are no references to the user and also un-assign the token for the user.

If you are trying to send the activation code to activate from new mobile, you can send the activation code, the option to send activation code will be available once you click on edit for the user.

If you want to reimport the token, if the device is in HA need to make sure the device should be primary from where the fortitoken license is activated.

ForgetItNet
Contributor

Ignore this, i forgot i can delete them off the User Definition bit.....can't seem to find an option to delete this post though !

Debbie_FTNT

The post would have to be deleted or archived by a moderator - if you want, I can reach out to one?

You can however mark a solution, so if anyone else runs across the same issue, they can double-check they also tried to delete from User Definition :).

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Faiza_Emam_Delhi
Contributor II

It seems that you are trying to delete a FortiToken user but you are receiving an error message saying that the entry is used by 1 other entry. This error message indicates that the user you are trying to delete is associated with another object in the FortiGate configuration.

Regarding your issue, the DRIFT column with a value of -1 indicates that the token is out of sync with the FortiGate.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Go to User & Device -> FortiTokens
2. Locate the user in question and click on the edit icon
3. In the FortiToken Information section, select the "Resynchronize Token" checkbox and click on "Update"
4. Wait for the resynchronization process to complete, and then try to delete the user again.

If the above steps do not work, you can try to search for the object that is associated with the user you are trying to delete. You can do this by searching the FortiGate configuration for the user's name or serial number. Once you have identified the object that is associated with the user, you can delete that object first and then try to delete the user again.

I hope this helps you to resolve your issue. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Faizal Emam
Thanks & Regards,Faizal Emam
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors