Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
donmatlock
New Contributor II

Cabelas.com

Morning everyone,

I have a website that was not making it past the webfilter (well 2), cabelas.ca and cabelas.com.

I was able to clear cabelas.ca by adding an exception to dns and webfilter, but same practice doesn't work with the *.com

Has anyone experienced this before, the logs show it passed through without issue.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 143922.jpg

Don Matlock
Don Matlock
1 Solution
donmatlock
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, it turns out that cabelas.ca was easily whitelisted via the webfilter, but cabelas.com incorporates a lot of sub services that we had blocked...IE snapchat was a big one.

So I informed the user they could use the *.ca, but.com was out of the question due to all the baggage that comes with it.

Don Matlock

View solution in original post

Don Matlock
4 REPLIES 4
bpozdena_FTNT

You will need to allow all the sources the page uses - just use your browser developer tools to see what domains are used and which are being blocked. You can follow this KB to get the basic idea.

HTH,
Boris
donmatlock
New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, it turns out that cabelas.ca was easily whitelisted via the webfilter, but cabelas.com incorporates a lot of sub services that we had blocked...IE snapchat was a big one.

So I informed the user they could use the *.ca, but.com was out of the question due to all the baggage that comes with it.

Don Matlock
Don Matlock
Elwyn_moen
New Contributor

Yo, listen up, here's the deal: if you're having trouble accessing certain pages, it's probably because your browser is blocking some of the sources the page uses. But don't fret, my friend! You can easily fix this by opening up your browser's developer tools and checking out which domains are being blocked. It's as easy as that!

If you need a little guidance on how to get started, check out this KB article for some basic tips and tricks. It'll give you the lowdown on how to allow all the sources you need to get the page up and running smoothly. Trust me, once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!

Elwyn Moen
Elwyn Moen
parteeksharma

Hi donmatlock,

You can try to use the static url filter to allow the websites for which you face the issue. Also please be informed that redirected urls also need to be whitelisted. Kindly check below document to allow the website using static url filter:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Using-a-static-URL-filter-feature-to-allow...

Regards,
Parteek

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors