Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
flbits
New Contributor

Authenticate with Curl to be redirected to the proxy url on a fortigate.

Hello,

I'm looking for a way for a web application(it uses cURL) to get access to the webpage on a host (running a webserver 10.0.4.55) behind a fortigate. I have a user setup, who can login from a remote location. This will show him a SSLVPN web bookmark, that when clicked will redirect him to the proxy url :screenshot.207.jpg

Is there a way that I can use POST or other method that works with cURL, to send credential information, and get redirected directly to this proxy url?
Or is there a way that I can generate a working fgt_sslvpn_sid to build the url?

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey flbits,

I'm not sure if there is a way to use cURL or something to interact with SSLVPN web bookmarks, sorry.

The goal is to have a secure connection to the webbrowser (which you're achieving through web SSLVPN at the moment), correct?

You could look into ZNTA, a new feature introduced in 7.0.

That allows you to create reverse HTTP proxies on the FortiGate (much like VIP) with additional security (such as authentication requirements and/or, if you have FortiClient EMS, specific tags).

If you don't have an EMS, you can also create ZTNA rules without tags, and just require authentication.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/855420/zero-trust-network-access-int...

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
flbits

@Debbie_FTNT  thank you for the tip, but ZTNA won't work my purpose.

I'm back to the SSLVPN web bookmarks. So far I've been able to authenticate server-side to the fortigate and found a workaround to get the link.

But is there maybe a API to do this?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors