Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Abdulaziz
New Contributor

Assistance Required: FortiGate-VM Deployment on Alibaba Cloud

Dear Fortinet Community and Fortinet Support Team,

I hope this post finds you well. My name is Abdulaziz, and I am currently working on deploying Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls on Alibaba Cloud, specifically in the Riyadh region of Saudi Cloud Computing Company (SCCC).

I am reaching out to your team as I have encountered challenges during the deployment process, and I believe your expertise could provide valuable insights. Referring to the documentation for FortiOS 7.4.0 at [FortiOS 7.4.0 Documentation] https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.0/new-features/733788/support-sccc-backed-by-aliclo... , I have followed the recommended manual deployment process, including uploading the image to object storage and creating a custom image. However, the deployment did not proceed as expected.

I am seeking your assistance in clarifying the following:

1. Image Operating System Compatibility:
- Can you please confirm the recommended FortiGate-VM image version for deployment in the Riyadh region?

2. Compatibility with ECS Instance Type:
- I am looking for information on ECS instance types that are compatible with FortiGate-VM in the Riyadh region.

Your guidance on these compatibility aspects will be instrumental in resolving the deployment issues I am currently facing. If there are any specific configurations or considerations unique to the Riyadh region, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best Regards,
Abdulaziz 

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Adbulaziz,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Adbulaziz,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Dear @Abdulaziz 

Technically, there should not be any difference of FortiGate-VM version in different region. It would be recommended to have your FortiGate installed in either version 7.0.13 or 7.2.6 as it contains remediation to the latest vulnerability. 

ECS instance type would also be highly depending on the security feature and traffic handled by the FortiGate. It would be recommended to have at last 8vCPU if you are going to enable IPS extended DB:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.0/new-features/449592

If you require advise on the sizing of the FortiGate-VM, do reach out to Fortinet local sales representative as they will be able to provide a proper sizing based on the expected bandwidth and requirement that you expect.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors