Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jimboom
New Contributor

Assign one of my public IP directry on customer server

Hi.

One of my customers asks me to have Public IP directly configured to is server networks card instead of One to One NAT with VIP.

For example :

I Have 206.x.x.34/28 subnet. on my WAN1. He asks for .39 direct on its servers.

How I can do this. I have Fortigate 81e.

Regard

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If the ISP's GW device has one of the /28 IPs, any wacky attempt to split the /28 to /30s would probably fail. Because the GW expects packets directly from .39 without additional hop. But if you actually have another /30 subnet and ISP can swap the GW IP to one of them, then you can use another one in /30 for WAN1, and assign /28 to FGT's LAN side interface. Or get another subnet for servers conversely.

If the customer insists their servers need to have real public IP on them, that's the way I see as workable options. But I don't see any reason they have to have real public IP. 

Jimboom

Thanks for your response. For now I can't split my scope. But, it is possible to ask my isp a bunch on IP to use for your scenario.

Now, is the customer really needs WAN IP on servers network card? I'm not so sure. But I don't have the argument to say NO!

The need is for a deployment for IP Voice system, Mitel MiBusiness Express with MiBorder Gateway.

Those two Virtual Machine will be deployed on my datacenter. The engineer assigned to this deployment asked me for a public IP assigned to the second NIC of the Border Gateway.

Regard.

Toshi_Esumi

If it's a datacenter situation, I would just order another subnet for customer servers, and wouldn't share the outside subnet for the FGT you manage.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors