Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
luca1994
New Contributor III

Assessment tool

Hello team,

Is there a tool to make aessment on fortigate firewalls?

For example for Palo Alto exist Expedition tool

Thanks in advance

BR

11 REPLIES 11
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@luca1994 

There is a similar tool called FortiConverter

FortiConverter Service for Firewall Migration (fortinet.com)

If you have found this as a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

Regards!

Dannу
Contributor

@luca1994 : Are you looking for migration tool or an assessment tool (i.e. health check)?

luca1994
New Contributor III

Hi @Dannу ,

an assessment tool

Dannу

@luca1994 : FortiGate assessment tools available:

For 2024 I'm planning to add a FortiGate assessment feature to FortiGate WebUI Tools.

luiscarvalho1982

@Dannу 

Good morning.

How do I access the tool "FortiGate health check script" ?

Thanks

fortinet_tn
Staff
Staff

Sounds like you might be looking for the Security Rating service on the Fortigates. 

https://www.fortinet.com/support/support-services/fortiguard-security-subscriptions/security-rating

Nchandan
Staff
Staff

Yes, Fortinet provides a tool called "FortiConverter" that is used to assess and assist in the migration of configurations from other vendors' firewalls to FortiGate firewalls. While it's not exactly the same as Palo Alto's Expedition tool, which is dedicated to migration and policy optimization for Palo Alto firewalls, FortiConverter serves a similar purpose for FortiGate.

JaylinBatz
New Contributor

Certainly! For Fortinet firewalls, you can use the FortiGate Assessment Tool. This tool helps evaluate the security and configuration of your FortiGate device, providing insights and recommendations for improvement. It's a valuable resource to enhance the effectiveness of your firewall. Best regards!

Stephen_G

Hello JaylinBatz, 

Thank you for posting. The FortiGate Assessment Tool is not a tool that exists, and it is therefore not recommended by Fortinet.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors