Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

Anyone able to get remote storage working?

I am attempting to connect a fortirecorder to a netgear readynas to no avail.  Anyone have any success with connecting to a remote storage device?  Anyone know of a list of tested devices for remote storage?

8 REPLIES 8
neonbit
Valued Contributor

I just tested this on my Synology NAS device and it connected fine. Event logs and videos are being sent with no problem.

Does your event log show it as being successful? I've attached a successful event log for reference.

neonbit
Valued Contributor

Also attached a pic of my configuration..

ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

this is the error I get..

ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

here are my settings

ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

Neon, what sinology do you use?  I think I am going to return this readynas and get one that has proven to work.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

zerointerrupt wrote:

I am attempting to connect a fortirecorder to a netgear readynas to no avail.

Have you confirmed NFS is properly configured and accessible on the Ready NAS?  There are detailed support instruction on the Netgear site that explains step-by-step on how to do this.  Also, your screenshot does not show the full, proper path to the directory -- there should be a full volume name in the directory field (see neon's own screenshot).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

yes, I have gone through the readynas.  I have tried both /c/Camera and /data/Camera. Does not work, I have tried iSCSI as well.  Windows will connect via iSCSI and NFS no issues.

ZeroInterrupt
New Contributor

ok, it looks like it is working BUT....  I sent it to another NAS, same brand Netgear ReadyNAS but an older firmware (6.1.9).  Connected right up.  The new one was sitting at 6.2.2, I am going to factory default it and try to configure it on my test NVR and see what happens.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors