Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mfabed
New Contributor

All superadmin is deleted

I have a firewall 300D, i find that all superadmin is deleted even those accounts liked with fortitoken

Once try to access the the firewall it's showing its not possible

Once i logine with a normal user and checked the administrator accounts its not showing any administrator accounts only one normal account

I try to reset the admin password through maintnair account its showing  admin account is not exist :expressionless_face: 

Anyone face same issue and what the solution?

FortiGate

9 REPLIES 9
AEK
Honored Contributor II

If you have a valid recent backup, reset the FortiGate then restore the config.

AEK
AEK
mfabed
New Contributor

Mean have to reset the firmware image then restore the backup ?

But how can all superadmin deleted?

AEK
Honored Contributor II

Yes, from factory reset.

I remember I've seen such case, but don't know how it can happen, probably corruption or bug.

Only a super admin can delete a super admin, and I as far as I know a super admin cannot delete himself. So in normal situation you cannot have zero super admin account on your FortiGate.

AEK
AEK
mfabed
New Contributor

I guess have to add the admin user name before restore the backup where the backup file don't have any admin or superadmin privileges.

AEK
Honored Contributor II

Having no super admin user in your backup file will not delete the default admin user from your fresh FGT. However it is always a geed idea to try on a test FGT VM before you do it on production.

AEK
AEK
kvimaladevi

Hi,

After taking the backup and after you have reset the Fortigate, you can take a backup of the default config, it will have the default super admin configuration.

You can alter that specific super admin config and add your required username and credentials, paste the edited super admin config in your backup file and then upload so that you don't miss the super admin access again when you upload the backup file.

mfabed
New Contributor

Thank you for your advice 

Appreciate 

AEK
Honored Contributor II

There another point to consider, the backup that you make with a non-superadmin user will most probably not be full, depending on what is allowed to read by that user.. you will have to complete the messing parts manually after restore.

AEK
AEK
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Option 1 - search and find KB about that
For example https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Reset-a-lost-admin-password-on-a-FortiGate...

Option 2 - restore config via USB
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Automatic-installation-of-Firmware-and-sys...
As by default it is enabled and so you need just USB stick and right config name on it.
config system auto-install
set auto-install-config enable
set auto-install-image enable
set default-config-file "fgt_system.conf"
set default-image-file "image.out"
end

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors