Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nihas
New Contributor

All AP' s Rebooted

Hi All, All of a sudden all the AP' s has restarted. When I check the log I could see the reason as " Control message maximal retransmission limit reached" this is my global configuration. config wireless-controller global set name ' ' set location ' ' set max-retransmit 3 set data-ethernet-II disable set mesh-eth-type 8755 set discovery-mc-addr 224.0.1.140 set max-clients 0 set rogue-scan-mac-adjacency 7 end Do I need ensure anything else?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
4 REPLIES 4
Nihas
New Contributor

Which is the best option for Controller Discovery? I use Auto but has given the IP address of the Controller also. But don' t know why this re transmitting the CAPWAP requests. This is second time I am facing the same issue. It happens irrespective of OS. I had before with 5.0.7 and now all are running on 5.2. Any idea.?
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
dirkdigs
New Contributor

Nihas, Same issue here with 5 APs. FortiOS 5.2. They kept going up/down every minute . I rebooted everything . fortigate /switches / modems. started working again. been stable 48 hours + PS: where do i find the " AC Discovery Type" ?
oheigl
Contributor II

If you connect to the FortiAP directly via HTTP you can find these settings
Nihas
New Contributor

hi Dirkdigs, You can call the AP' s GUI through http://ipaddress if enabled. And kindly update if you get anything useful for trouble shooting. :) What I understand from the " control message " keyword, the FortiAP' s are using the protocol CAPWAP to maintain the trust relationship with the Controllers. And if you have a log that " Control message maximal retransmission limit reached" , that means the AP' s are failed to find the Controller. It might be an issue with the physical connectivity between the FGT and FAP' s. But how it will happen for all AP' s together. I have cross checked the cabling and power , everything is perfect. And Yes, It seems AP' s are not stable with the version 5.2, earlier I didn' t have this much issues , even though occurred the same few times.
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors