Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
damianhlozano
Contributor

Alert emails for hardware or software events

Hello!

Happy new year!

We have many fortigate devices and I was wondering if there is a way to generate an alert email when a hardware or software event appears.

For example:

- CPU utilization above a threshold

- Memory utilization above a threshold

- A service is stopped anormally

If I set "Severity based" alerts, with "Critical" we get a lot of messages, many unnecesary for us

If I set "Event based" alerts, I dont have an option for this kind of event.

If not, probably, is there a way to change level for some event types?

I have seen a previous post similar to this but without a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Damián

1 Solution
jcvm
New Contributor III

Hello,

Puedes hacer todo lo que mencionas anteriormente utilizando el Trigger (Disparador) asociado a un action (acción) que es la de enviar un correo electrónico personalizado y todo eso se combina en el Stitch.

Puedes crear un Trigger (Disparador) para el CPU alto, a continuación en la imagen se muestra donde esta para crearlo:

Security Fabric > Automation > Trigger

jcvm_0-1641242634716.png

Una vez creado lo puedes asociar la acción de enviar correo electrónico.

Y asi puedes combinarlo con todo lo mencionado por ti anteriormente.

--------------------- ENGLISH ----------------------

Hello,

You can do everything you mentioned above using the Trigger associated with an action which is to send a personalized email and all of that is combined in the Stitch.

You can create a Trigger for the high CPU, below in the image it is shown where it is to create it:

jcvm_0-1641242634716.png

Security Fabric> Automation> Trigger

Once created, you can associate it with the action of sending email.

And so you can combine it with everything mentioned by you above

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jcvm
New Contributor III

Hola,

¿Qué versión tienes en tu Fortigate?

Read the following link and see if it works for you.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.3/administration-guide/526019/email-alerts

damianhlozano

Hola estimado!!!!

Muchas gracias por la respuesta!

Tengo varios fortigates con distintas versiones, se implementará esto en los que sea posible.

Estuve leyendo el link que me pasaste, por el lado de las alerts email no veo ninguna solución, en cuanto a los "Automation stitches", eso parecería aplicar, para eso tendría que saber a que corresponde cada evento y tendría que crear uno para cada evento, lo cual es un poco engorroso

¿Sabes si el evento "CPU usage statistics" es el que se genera cuando hay excesivo consumo de CPU?  Es el único que vi con la palabra "CPU"

¿Se te ocurre alguna otra opción?

Desde ya muchas gracias.

Saludos,

Damián

jcvm
New Contributor III

Hello,

Puedes hacer todo lo que mencionas anteriormente utilizando el Trigger (Disparador) asociado a un action (acción) que es la de enviar un correo electrónico personalizado y todo eso se combina en el Stitch.

Puedes crear un Trigger (Disparador) para el CPU alto, a continuación en la imagen se muestra donde esta para crearlo:

Security Fabric > Automation > Trigger

jcvm_0-1641242634716.png

Una vez creado lo puedes asociar la acción de enviar correo electrónico.

Y asi puedes combinarlo con todo lo mencionado por ti anteriormente.

--------------------- ENGLISH ----------------------

Hello,

You can do everything you mentioned above using the Trigger associated with an action which is to send a personalized email and all of that is combined in the Stitch.

You can create a Trigger for the high CPU, below in the image it is shown where it is to create it:

jcvm_0-1641242634716.png

Security Fabric> Automation> Trigger

Once created, you can associate it with the action of sending email.

And so you can combine it with everything mentioned by you above

damianhlozano
Contributor

Thanks jcvm for your response.

I was finding out the option to create a new trigger, it seems it is only available on 7+ version, however event trigger is included in 6+ version

I think I will use the event trigger to be able to copy this configuration to all fortigates

Regards,

Damián

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors