Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hilarycheng
New Contributor

About Restoring the FortiClient Backup Configuration in Linux

Hi ,

I got a backup profile from my company. I can restore it in the Windows FortiClient VPN Only Application and able to select the VPN profile. For the Linux , I use Ubuntu 20.04. I tried both 7.0 and 7.2 FortiClient VPN Only Application. After Unlock, I tried to restore the same configuration files many times. The Application show restore success. 

When I click the VPN Profile Screen, it will show "Configure VPN" Button. No Choice is available for me to choose to connect.

Does FortiClient Application for Linux doesn't support this restore from configuration files features ?

Regards,

Hilary

5 REPLIES 5
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello Hilary

I tried to backup from FCT VPN 7.2.4 for Windows, then restored that file to FCT VPN 7.2.2 on Linux Mint (Ubuntu/Debian) and it worked just fine.

All my SSL VPN connections restored successfully, but none of IPsec were restored, that's normal because there is no IPsec option available in FCT VPN 7.2 for Linux.

AEK
AEK
hilarycheng

I forgot the check the option. My Company is using IPsec VPN. Why does the IPsec VPN doesn't supported on Linux ???? That is very strange.

AEK

AEK
hilarycheng

Yes, I understand. The major problem is that, your configuration file is encrypted, I am unable to get the pre-shared key in raw form to configure the IPsec by another software. I wanna to save it without encrypted form. But it failed.

AEK

I think FortiClient doesn't allow you to store password unencrypted for security reason.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors