Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
claus1
New Contributor

7.0.12 OS WAN Packet Loss

Hi,

Last weekend i upgraded my FortiGate from OS 7.0.11 to 7.0.12. We have two internet connections with public ip from two different ISP joined into an SD-WAN. Since the upgraded of OS i’ve noticed some high and irregular packet loss on an SLA to ping 8.8.8.8.. this was not an issue on 7.0.11.. i’ve tested a continuous ping to 8.8.8.8 directly from the ISP ONT device and have no packet loss.. it leads me to believe that maybe its the firmware upgrade causing this. Sometimes i’ve even notice packet loss of 50% and as i refresh the page it drops to 0%.. perhaps a bug..

Has anyone experienced this?

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
2 REPLIES 2
BillH_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @claus1 
8.8.8.8 belongs to Google, which stays behind your ISPs. The issue may have come from your ISP, too.
1. Is your traffic sharing between ISPs? if not
2. Before the upgrade, which ISP was primary? And after the upgrade, what is primary?
You should ping your Default Gateway to make sure the problem happens or not
it is still an issue, then share your configuration. We will reproduce it to cross-check.
Brs/Bill

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @claus1,

Did you try to directly connect to both ISP? Please collect the outputs of the following commands:

get router info routing-table all 

di hardware deviceinfo nic wan1     

di hardware deviceinfo nic wan2                          <<< Asuming wan1 and wan2 are ISP facing. 

Regards,         

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors