Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
smohamed
New Contributor

60F 3G4G Power Supply? How have people done it.

Hi,

New user here.  We've been asked to start using Fortinet devices, and our first foray into the brand is the 60F-3G4G (selected by our IT dept).  When looking at the power requirements for this device, the device has terminals for a DC power supply. However, I see that Fortinet does not have a standard cable that could be connected here.  I was wondering what others have done in terms of powering these devices up? I'm trying to get these to fit into control panels.  

I was looking at a rack mount (SP-RACKTRAY-02) but then having DC supplies etc. makes it a bit cumbersome and hard to find a mounting location.

Any thoughts or what people have done would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again.

3 REPLIES 3
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

I guess you refer to this connector:

AlexCFTNT_0-1643096239509.png

Which comes in the box with the unit, as shown in QuickStart Guide:

AlexCFTNT_1-1643096953230.png

(I guess) that is a regular connector that does not have a part number, possibly similar to "molex 50-37-5033". Maybe a micro-electronics store can provide it to you. And that's the challenge here - to find the right part number

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
smohamed
New Contributor

Hi AlexC,

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I'm referring to that but also how people typically provide power to this unit.  I guess I'm just looking for some examples.  Are people using a 120VAC to 24VDC power supply and then wiring to this unit? Are people using just a 24VDC source in their cabinet to supply?

We have places where we are using a 19" rack with other server equipment and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate this device within the rack.

Debbie_FTNT

Hey smohamed,

- regarding integrating FortiGates such as 60F into a rack, there are rack mount kits available to fit the units into a rack
-> https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/d3b3c280-1a08-11e9-9685-f8bc12...
-> there are also third-party options, from rackmount.it for example

- regarding power supply, I don't have any additional information, sorry

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors