Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
balfazar
New Contributor

432F AP Seal

Hello, 

This may be a dumb question but we recently purchased some 432F AP's and are going to be mounting them outdoors on a pole. When looking at the RJ45 it looks like the seals that came with it are made for if conduit is being run to them, which is not the case in my scenario. Is there another seal that can be screwed on just is just for a CAT6 cable to be run directly to the device and not through conduit? Picture below of included with AP, and the second picture shows something along the lines of what I need, but first party from Fortinet made for this AP.

What the AP came withWhat the AP came withJust an example of something Im looking for on the left, but a first party Foritnet piece that is made for the AP.Just an example of something Im looking for on the left, but a first party Foritnet piece that is made for the AP.

3 REPLIES 3
balfazar
New Contributor

We would need to get adapters to reduce thread size of the grey piece shown in the second picture, and I don't like the idea of that introducing parts not made for the AP from Fortinet and increasing chances of water damage due to using multiple adapters.

balfazar

Example of what im talking about. It shows the connector I would need on the ports in this quick start guide, but it's not what I got. 

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/d6e6ac2a-715f-11eb-9995-005056...

balfazar
New Contributor

Found that the connectors on the 432F are the ones I need and I have the 432FR, anyone think Fortinet sells those connections that I could thread into the 432FR instead of what they came with?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors