Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jimmy10
New Contributor II

2 separate SSLVPNs with 2 separate SSL certificates

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if I can setup 2 separate SSLVPNs with 2 separate SSL certificates, but I am getting nowhere.

Is this possible?

1 Solution
ebilcari

Than the only possible way as also suggested previously is to use a single certificate with multiple SAN. This can be easily done in a private CA but for public signed certificates it may be difficult to get.

SANs.PNG

In case you need separate SSL VPN configurations, you could also use VDOMs. It allows individual SSL VPN configurations for each VDOM in the FGT.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

As far as I know, you cannot defined 2 different certificate under the SSLVPN settings.

What you can do, is defined within the certificate 2 SANs resolving in the same IP address of the FGT listening on SSLVPN.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-HTTPS-SSL-Certificate-Installati...

geek
geek
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Are you trying to configure two completely different SSL VPN using two different public IPs and Domains (URL) or just need two URL and certificates pointing on the same SSL VPN IP/interface?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
jimmy10
New Contributor II

Hi ebilcari,

I just need two URL and certificates pointing on the same SSL VPN IP/interface.

ebilcari

Than the only possible way as also suggested previously is to use a single certificate with multiple SAN. This can be easily done in a private CA but for public signed certificates it may be difficult to get.

SANs.PNG

In case you need separate SSL VPN configurations, you could also use VDOMs. It allows individual SSL VPN configurations for each VDOM in the FGT.

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors