Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Flamba
New Contributor

100D Wan2 Failover

Goodmorning everyone. I can not configure the wan2 as failover on my FG100D. I have the wan1 in DHCP mode, and everything works. I set the wan2 on manual mode and i specified IP and subnet, missing the gateway. To set the gateway of this wan2 is correct to create a new static routes? (destination 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 - Device: wan2 - Gateway: thegateway - priority 20). I suppose the wan1 in dhcp will have a higher priority. Then in the section "wan status check" i created a new check that is called PING-WAN1. Update static route, ON. What am i missing?

3 REPLIES 3
przemo
New Contributor

Hello,

Using instructions from here (OS 5.2): docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-system-administration-52/download - (page 149) or here (OS5.4): docs.fortinet.com/d/fortigate-system-administration-2/download - (page 82) I set failover mode - WAN2 as a backup link.

Maybe these tips will help you

Flamba
New Contributor

I had seen the manual, but my situation is a bit different. I have the wan1 in dhcp and wan2 manual ip [&:]

You think it is the case that i also put the wan1 in manual ip?

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

What version of code are you using? Wan Link Load Balancing works fine at my house (I have two internet connections, one DHCP one static just like you and it works great)

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors