Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jasinedward
New Contributor

1 of 2 Managed Fortiswitches always staying offline

Hello.  I am running into an issue setting up managed fortiswitches in an HA environment. I have 2 500e firewalls in HA and 2 524d's.  Port 1 firewall 1 goes to port 1 on switch 1.  Port 2 firewall 1 goes to switch 2 port 1.  Port 1 on firewall 2 goes to switch 1 port 2. Port 2 on firewall 2 goes to switch 2 port 2. 

I have setup an aggregate interface and included port 1 and 2.  It detects both switches, but one always falls offline.

3 REPLIES 3
BrianB
New Contributor III

What version of FortiOS are you running? Is fortilink-split-interface enabled or disabled?

jasinedward

I am running 6.2.0 on all devices.  Fortilink-split-interface is disabled.  I have tried it both enabled and disabled with similar results...

vad3rw3rks
New Contributor

Were you able to get this resolved?  I am having a very similar issue.

jasinedward wrote:

Hello.  I am running into an issue setting up managed fortiswitches in an HA environment. I have 2 500e firewalls in HA and 2 524d's.  Port 1 firewall 1 goes to port 1 on switch 1.  Port 2 firewall 1 goes to switch 2 port 1.  Port 1 on firewall 2 goes to switch 1 port 2. Port 2 on firewall 2 goes to switch 2 port 2. 

I have setup an aggregate interface and included port 1 and 2.  It detects both switches, but one always falls offline.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors