Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kh_atta
New Contributor

the fortiAP wireless not stable

Dears

We have many FortiAP, it's connection not stable when the users connected to fortiAP after a short time their become disconnected automatically and this action repeat all the day.

the network led is orange what is the color meaning?

any idea how can solve this issue

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Depending on the model they might have different types/colors of LEDs. If 221C, amber means 10/100Mbps instead of 1Gig. You didn't tell if it's FortiCloud managed or FortiGate manged. If FGT manged, upgrade it to the latest on the major version, then match the AP software version to the highest possible.

I have almost no FortiCloud managed AP experiece so I can't comment if that's your case. But if it's FGT managed, I would disable WIDS first then keep checking WiFi Events in the log on the FGT. That would likely tell something if the wifi drops happen so often.

At the same time, I would walk around the area with a laptop running a WiFi analyzer to see the wifi environment.

Many wifi related problems come from the environment including your neighbors APs. It's important to know what kind of APs your neighbors have, which might be running WIPS/WIDS and attacking your client connections to your APs.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors