Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ale16horizon
New Contributor

Trying to access a remote server using FW public IP via VPN SSL

Scenario: 1 PC in headquarters

1 PC from home

1 FW FortiGate 100E in headquarters

1 VPN SSL

1 remote server (outside of headquarters) that has its own public IP

We need to connect to this remote server, and this server accept connections that are generated only from FW public IP.

So, every connection made by PC in headquarters works fine because by default everything is seen behind FW public IP.

But, the problem is when an user is from home using VPN SSL... is there a way to configure the firewall so that connections to this remote server go exclusively through the SSL VPN so that the server sees requests from the FW public IP ?

Because right now, when an user is in VPN adn try to access this remote server, the user is presenting himself with the public IP of his own home

3 REPLIES 3
Markus
Valued Contributor

As I guess, you have split tunneling enabled. Just put the server public ip in your routing group (e.g. like a internal ressource).

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi, and welcome to the Forums. As I guess, you have split tunneling enabled. Just put the server public ip in your routing group (e.g. like a internal ressource).

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi, and welcome to the Forums. As I guess, you have split tunneling enabled. Just put the server public ip in your routing group (e.g. like a internal ressource).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors