Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Frederik2
New Contributor

How to customize the SSL VPN portal?

We have a fortigate 100D (5.2 firmware) Is it possible to customize the SSL VPN portal in any way?

Suppose we want to place a note or message on the customers personal SSL VPN portal. How can that be achieved?

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

You can try asking TAC if any way, like API, which I'm not familiar with.

When you check the source of the page, you can see the login page is plain html but portal is written by javascrip. Unless there is pre-written features existing like title text change or changing the columns from single to double, I wouldn't expect an easy way to modify the page.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

At least you can change "Welcome to SSL-VPN Service" at the top bar to something else with CLI: set heading, or gui: Portal Message. You can also modify login page. For this, GUI is probably easier because you can see the outcome of changes right away when you modify the html at System->Config->Replacement Message under SSL-VPN Login Page.

Frederik2

So i can only change the welcome message in the portal? Is there an other way to place some text in the portal (not the login page)?

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

You can try asking TAC if any way, like API, which I'm not familiar with.

When you check the source of the page, you can see the login page is plain html but portal is written by javascrip. Unless there is pre-written features existing like title text change or changing the columns from single to double, I wouldn't expect an easy way to modify the page.

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Well, maybe a way to insert a new <div> section inbetween.

Frederik2

that's too bad. May be possible in the next firmware?

Toshi_Esumi

We would never know.

ede_pfau

IIRC you can insert images on the login page. Meant for branding, an image could also contain (bitmap) text.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
aveloz
New Contributor

You can customize the SSL Login Portal...you can even upload an image for branding...

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

You can rebrand it and even edit the HTML. Check out the replacement messages area of the FortiGate. That is where you can edit the HTML

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors