Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
j_australia
New Contributor

Fortigate DHCP Server for Fortiswitch and FortiAP

Hi,

I've a Fortigate 40F with a Fortiswitch 108E-POE connected via Fortilink and then a FortiAP 231F connected to the Fortiswitch via a POE Port.

I've managed to get everything talking throughout the network with firewall policies, but the Fortigate, the switch and the WAP all have different IP ranges.

Is it possible to have the Fortigate DHCP server be THE DHCP server for all the network? I've spent hours trying different things and DHCP relay pointing to the Fortigate and ensuring that DHCP can flow back and forth through the firewall with no luck and Google only brings back results for very old versions of FortiOS. Currently running 7.0.1 across the network.

If it isn't possible to do, that's fine, but I'd just like to know if it is or isn't and if it is, if someone has a resource they can point me to or share how to have the Fortigate be the one to hand out IPs across the entire network, it'll be so very much appreciated!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Kush_Patel
Staff
Staff

Hello,

FortiSwitch should get the IP address from the DHCP server configured under Fortilink interface settings on Foritgate. For FortiAP, it might receive the IP address from Native VLAN of FortiSwitch.

Thanks.

kush.

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @j_australia,
I do not think this is possible as FortiSwitch management IP is configured under Fortilink while FotiAP get the IP from Native VLAN from the port it is connected to the switch. However, you can created policy to allow traffic routed between those subnets.

Regards, 
Minh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors