Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KurtK
New Contributor

FortiCloud not working after 5.2 upgrade?

Hi All, I was running fine on 5.0.7 sending security event, web filter, and app control logs to the FortiCloud service. After upgrading to 5.2, log uploads stopped dead. I checked all the settings in GUI And CLI for realtime upload, and it' s still enabled (I didn' t make any other config changes) I noticed they removed the " extended-utm-log" CLI option from the UTM features, which I was using... not sure if that has something to do with it? My appliance is a FortiGate-30D. Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
anthony956
New Contributor

Hello, I hava the same problem with my FortiWiFi 30D. FortiCloud is configured but the Fortigate send no log. The Fortigate is correctly configured (send log to Forticloud on realtime). On the FortiCloud portal, i can see the Ressource, Bandwith and session monitor in relatime but no logs ! Is this a FortiOS 5.2 bug ? Best regards, Anthony.
FCNSA-P France
FCNSA-P France
KurtK

I opened case with support, and this is indeed a bug in 5.2 (bug ID 0247483). We will probably move to a local logging solution, complete loss of functionality like this in a GA release is unacceptable.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Suggestion: Do you have application control enabled on a few active firewall policy? Did you execute the test forticloud connectivity button? I don' t think 5.2 and forticloud is broke,but I seen a few issues that I' m investigating. what I would check the above 2 items first and then review the beta forum . You can also find the forticloud ip_address and monitor the " sending" of logs to the forticloud. This will ensure you have logs going. how I found my address was to run a diag sniffer packet capture while execution of the test connectivity button. iirc it' s all done with ssl and port 443 source from the fortigate uplink interface. editt you can change the source-address via cli under the fortiguard configuration

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors