Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

FML Clarifications

Hi FortiMail experts,

few questions from my customer.

1. Is there a chance to configure/set beyond  20 MB for email attachment?

2. Does the FortiMail increase the mail size once it passed email security (AV,AS and etc) scanning?

Example, email size about to send is 100Kb, now when email passed FML security scanning does the size increase or not?

3. Is it possible to define at least 3 SMTP servers? in my testing I can assign only 2 either GUI/CLI

regards

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
2 REPLIES 2
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Fullmoon

Fullmoon wrote:

1. Is there a chance to configure/set beyond  20 MB for email attachment?

Indeed. 

with  Profile > Session you can control size messages. There's another setting playing here depending on incoming or outgoing email; that of Domain & User > Domain > Domain

This is well documented in admin's  fortimail guide.

2. Does the FortiMail increase the mail size once it passed email security (AV,AS and etc) scanning?

Example, email size about to send is 100Kb, now when email passed FML security scanning does the size increase or not?

Depending on your profile settings few bytes could be added in extra headers ,for example "X-FEAS-BANNEDWORD:"  if matched.

3. Is it possible to define at least 3 SMTP servers? in my testing I can assign only 2 either GUI/CLI

If you're talking about Relay Type setting under protected domain definition, using relay type=Host, there's no third option.

If you need relay on more than 2, maybe you could set up Relay Type = "Ip Group"

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Fullmoon

thank you for the inputs Abel. Appreciate it.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors