Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Niall_Kelly
New Contributor

Export / Import Firewall Objects

We have a fortigate 310 B v4.0 MR3 Build 12. We have a substantial number of Firewall Objects , Address and groups. Can this information be easily exported and imported into a Fortigate 240 D v5.0 GA Patch 5? Thanks Niall
3 REPLIES 3
harald21
Contributor

Hi, just save the config file unencrypted, then use a text editor to copy&paste the following section to a new file: config firewall address edit " all" next . . . next end Save the new text file and import it as a script in the submenu System => Config => Advanced Sincerely Harald
Niall_Kelly
New Contributor

thats great. Thanks very much. I tried that and it seems to have worked. It did say Failure when I tired to import it but when i go to objects I see them all listed so it looks ok. Thanks again.
harald21
Contributor

Hello, when it says " Failure" something was wrong. You should compare your objects, maybe only a part was imported. Just export them again and compare the 2 text files using ExamDiff or a similar tool. Sincerely Harald
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors