FortiSIEM Discussions
adem_netsys
Contributor

FortiSIEM: JDBC connect Issue

Hello guys,

I have a multitenant structure and I have defined a JDBC with MSSQL in my organisation. I got success in Credential, Discovery. When I test it in the monitoring I have created, it gives successful results, but I cannot see it in pull events and events do not come. What do you think I should do?

1 Solution
kcanalichio
New Contributor III

You should see the name of the Service you created under Device Support -> Monitoring. On the Monitoring tab in the CMDB of the device your trying to Monitor. If it doesn't exist that way, Please make sure The the Peformance Object association is mapped to the Microsoft SQL server. That the device shows having the SQL servers installed and running. You can see this by going to the CMDB-> Applications->User App->Database. Once you have verified this, please rediscover you device. If it doesn't show up after that, I'd call support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kcanalichio
New Contributor III

There are couple things you can try:

1) Make sure the the JDBC definition shows up on the monitor tab in the cmdb after you discover the device.

2) restart the service on the your collector in order to make sure the collector got the new monitor definition sent down to it. 

3) Check the logs to see if there is an error being generated when it tries to access the JDBC call.

4) open a ticket with support

adem_netsys

Hi @kcanalichio 

I can see the JDBC definition on cmdb.

Which service is JDBC connected to exactly?

kcanalichio
New Contributor III

You should see the name of the Service you created under Device Support -> Monitoring. On the Monitoring tab in the CMDB of the device your trying to Monitor. If it doesn't exist that way, Please make sure The the Peformance Object association is mapped to the Microsoft SQL server. That the device shows having the SQL servers installed and running. You can see this by going to the CMDB-> Applications->User App->Database. Once you have verified this, please rediscover you device. If it doesn't show up after that, I'd call support

adem_netsys

Hi @kcanalichio 

I solved it with your reminder. It's happened because of wrong 'Performance object'. I changed the device type to microsoft win instead of sql server and it fixed it.

thank you