FortiSIEM Discussions
adem_netsys
Contributor

FortiSIEM:Firewall Policy Report

Hi,

I want to create a report of the rules and objects created/deleted on the firewall. As far as I can see, there is no such report in the default. When I say manual for Fortigate, it does not send a distinctive log (such as policy created) Has anyone experienced this?

6 REPLIES 6
Secusaurus
Contributor

Hi adem_netsys,

The according log (via syslog) gets the event type "FortiGate-event-config-object-attribute-message". The Firewall Action will be "Add"/"Delete", the Object Path will describe the distinct change, in your case probably "firewall.policy". In the "User defined msg", there will be the full description of the change on which you can filter, if you like.

So, for auditing, you will need to build a report based on this information manually.

Best,

Christian

FCP & FCSS Security Operations | Fortinet Advanced Partner
adem_netsys

Hi @Secusaurus,

Thank you for your reply. Well, how will this situation be for Palo Alto because it may be necessary to explain this correctly to the customer.

Secusaurus

Hi adem_netsys,

Unfortunately, I do not have a Palo Alto FW in our lab for looking up these logs. I would expect these logs to be found somewhere here:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-1/pan-os-admin/monitoring/use-syslog-for-monitoring/syslo...

Best,

Christian

adem_netsys

Thank you all of them

adem_netsys

@Secusaurus 

Not a topic here, but you may have come across it. I am getting esx logs and observing the device status in Siem. I have previously taken the logs that came to the supervisor to the collector and rediscovered them, but after that the device information started to return empty (memory, cpu, etc.), what could be the cause?
I know FortiAnalyzer can parse this, if it can, perhaps you could try sending this information to SIEM via a separate event each time a user disconnects?

FSM_FTNT

Hi, not sure I follow this last question. What logs are you trying to parser?