FortiGate Next Generation Firewall utilizes purpose-built security processors and threat intelligence security services from FortiGuard labs to deliver top-rated protection and high performance, including encrypted traffic.
Description This article describes how to configure VXLAN over IPsec for multiple VLANs. Solution
Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) is a network virtualization technology used in large cloud computing deployments.
It encapsulates OSI layer 2 Ethernet frames within layer 3 IP packets using standard destination port 4789.
1) WAN interface configuration.
This configuration is focused on how to configure two or more VLANs which can be used with VXLAN to extend the Layer2 connectivity across two different locations.
2) Make sure that connectivity between both FortiGate’s is working in to bring the IPsec tunnel up.
3) Configuring IPsec VPN tunnel.
4) This configuration will bring the IPsec tunnel up. Verify it as well.
5) Configure VLAN interfaces.
6) Configure VXLAN interfaces for both VLANs.
7) Configure software switch-interface:
8) Test the connectivity by pinging client connected to VLAN50 on 'SW1' towards the client connected on vlan50 on 'SW2'. Also test the connectivity from client connected on VLAN50 on 'SW2' towards client connecting on VLAN50 on 'SW1'.
9) Repeat the same test for client in VLAN60.
10) In this setup, no firewall policies would be required. The reason for this is the option 'set intra-switch-policy implicit' configured under 'config system switch-interface' for both VLANs.
11) If there is a requirement to use firewall policies, this option needs to be changed.