This article explains how to allow YouTube channels while blocking all the other videos.
Only the videos from that channel will be reproduced.
With the video filter profile, you can filter YouTube videos by channel ID for a more granular override of a single channel, user, or video.
The video filter profile is currently supported in proxy-based policies and requires SSL deep inspection.
It is recommended the use of YouTube API key, FortiGate extracts the video ID (vid) and tries to check the category and channel from the local cache. If there is no match from the local cache, it connects to the FortiGuard video rating server to query the video category. If the FortiGuard rating fails, it uses the videofilter.youtube-key to communicate with the Google API server to get its category and channel ID.
To create the YouTube key
1) Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/api/dashboard and log with a Google Account.
2) Create a new project:
3) Give it name and click 'CREATE':
4) Select the Project, go to Navigation Menu -> APIs & Services -> Credentials:
5) Select 'Enabled APIs & services', click on 'ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES':
6) Select 'YouTube Data API V3'. Enable the API:
7) Select 'Credentials', then CREATE CREDENTIALS -> API Key:
8) Copy the API key and set it on FortiGate through CLI:
# config videofilter youtube-key
set key *****************
To configure a video filter from GUI.
1) Go to Security Profiles -> Video Filter and select 'Create New'. Add a profile name:
2) In the YouTube Channel override list section, select 'Create New'. The New Channel Override Entry pane opens.
- Enter a Channel ID and select an Action. To allow the channel, the actions 'Allow' or 'Monitor' can be used:
The Fortinet Security Fabric brings together the concepts of convergence and consolidation to provide comprehensive cybersecurity protection for all users, devices, and applications and across all network edges.
Copyright 2023 Fortinet, Inc. All Rights Reserved.