Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

IvK
New Contributor III

saml Azure AD - ssl-vpn - forticlient time out

Hello,

I have configured our Fortigate to authenticate our ssl-vpn users with Azure AD. I've configured the enterprise app within Azure AD and configured the SAML user within the Fortigate.

I have no issues when I login the web-mode.

However when I try to connect with the Forticlient I receive a blank sceen after passing the authentication. After a while I receive the following error "Login page did not respond within time limit." The second time i press SAML Authentication the forticlient connects within seconds.

I reckon one of the URL's might be different for tunnel-mode / web-mode. Did anyone manage to find a solution for this issue?
UploadedImages_gZIuvyzqRcywSh46lBFv_forticlient saml.png
1 REPLY 1
dred_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Ivo, It doesn't look like FAC is involved here so I recommend re-posting to FortiGate and/or FortiClient topics as they may not see it here.
David Redberg Fortinet Product Manager