Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Leode_B
New Contributor

VPN using templates in version 5.4.1

Hello,

I'm struggle for a few weeks with the problem that I cannot make a VPN L2TP/Ipsec connection from a windows 7 client to the fortigate 60D unit. I tried everything from the cookbook and administrators guide. At last i updated the FG-60D to the latest firmware 5.4.1 and used the native windows template under VPN. No effect at all. Strange thing is that making the same VPN connection with my Iphone it works like a charm. I can see in the VPN monitor the connection is established but there's no data exchange between 60D and client. Using the Iphone on the same connection i see data exchange. Doing the same thing on another 60D gives the same result. On the third 60D that i tried it works even in older firmware with the android template while disabling NAT traversal. Doing the same thing on the earlier two make no sence. I read a post on some website that a complete format of the system disk could fix this thing. But that's something i am afraid to do. It also wonders me why i cannot find anything in the 5.4.1 documentation about using these templates. All i found was info how to setup VPN with the CLI and Web based manager.

So now i'm really stucked. Is there someone out there who has the same problem or has the answer?

Thanks a lot i advance

0 REPLIES 0