Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

JadCheh
New Contributor

FortiSwitch Won't boot

Hi All,

I would like to if anyone of you faced the same problem that I'm currently facing and solved the issue. I have a FortiSwitch-124E-POE and it started to show offline on the FortiGate. During my diagnosis of the issue, find the below Putty Output:

FortiSwitch-124E-POE (10:42-10.04.2019)
BIOS version : 04000009
Serial number: S124EP59190094

Please wait for OS to boot, or press any key to display configuration menu... 1  0

Booting default partition : FortiSwitch-124E-POE v6.4.6,build0470,210211

Kernel... OK
RootFS... Bad Data CRC
Ramdisk image is corrupt or invalid

FortiSwitch-124E-POE (10:42-10.04.2019)
BIOS version : 04000009
Serial number: S124EP59190094

Please wait for OS to boot, or press any key to display configuration menu... 1  0

Booting default partition : FortiSwitch-124E-POE v6.4.6,build0470,210211

Does anyone has a solution for the problem?
Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
justinpowell_FTNT

I realize that I'm way late in answering this but I'd try formatting and reloading the OS.  

Upgrade a FortiSwitch via the boot sequence (fortinet.com)
JadCheh

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the reply much appreciated!
Well I tried that before submitting this form and it didn't work. When it start showing "Please wait for OS to boot, or press any key to display configuration menu... " I tried multiple times but it failed to show the menu I think because there is an issue in the built-in cf memory.

Regards.
Jad