Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

SaudSira
New Contributor

Changing ISO country code locked out

Hi,

While trying to perform an initial setup by running 'Setup' command on my meru 3200 WLAN Controller with my ignorance about the effect on Radio channels, I changed the default ISO country code from United States to United Arab Emirates (AE) and now the 5Ghz (802.11a) is no longer available and the setup command no longer gives an option to change back the ISO Country code. By the way I stay in Qatar and since on my Meru 3200 with 5.1-55 image installed there was no Qatar Mentioned I selected United Arab Emirates, since this is the only Middle-East country mentioned in the above image. 

Since this is an old, EOL product with no Support available now, it would be a great help if anyone can suggest a way to re-image or recover options where I can get back the 802.11an (5Ghz) channels back on my Meru 3200. And also would be a great help to have latest supported Firmware for the same.

Saud 
Qatar.

------------------------------
Saud
5 REPLIES 5
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Saud,

If you run the command 'reload default factory' this will reset the controller to factory state where you can run setup and set the correct country code
again. Please backup any configuration before running this command as the current config will be completely wiped.

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
SaudSira

Hi John,

I've already tried 'reload default factory' command that you have mentioned, but it is still the same. But I have not tried the reset pin hole button, will this work.

Any other way around this issue.

Kind Regards
Saud Sirajuddin

-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: 5/31/2020 5:20:00 AM
Subject: RE: Changing ISO country code locked out

Hi Saud,

If you run the command 'reload default factory' this will reset the controller to factory state where you can run setup and set the correct country code
again. Please backup any configuration before running this command as the current config will be completely wiped.

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: May 30, 2020 05:55 PM
Subject: Changing ISO country code locked out

Hi,

While trying to perform an initial setup by running 'Setup' command on my meru 3200 WLAN Controller with my ignorance about the effect on Radio channels, I changed the default ISO country code from United States to United Arab Emirates (AE) and now the 5Ghz (802.11a) is no longer available and the setup command no longer gives an option to change back the ISO Country code. By the way I stay in Qatar and since on my Meru 3200 with 5.1-55 image installed there was no Qatar Mentioned I selected United Arab Emirates, since this is the only Middle-East country mentioned in the above image. 

Since this is an old, EOL product with no Support available now, it would be a great help if anyone can suggest a way to re-image or recover options where I can get back the 802.11an (5Ghz) channels back on my Meru 3200. And also would be a great help to have latest supported Firmware for the same.

Saud 
Qatar.

Saud
jbattam_FTNT

I am not aware of a reset pinhole button on the MC3200. I have sent you a Direct Message with a potential workaround. Please let me know how you go.

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
SaudSira

Hi John

The potential workaround did not work. Did you receive my response and the screenshot attached.

Kind Regards,

SAUD

SaudSira

Hi John,

MessageImages_00d0a0f049c342a9a9997e5cbb7210cc.png

Please check the screenshot above, 'region set US' command is not available on my controller and also you can see that when I run setup it is no more giving me option to set the country code.

Kind Regards,

Saud