Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

SCSIraidGURU1
New Contributor

Better IPv6 support from Fortinet

My AT&T Home Modem came with IPv6.   AT&T finally gave me a single delegated subnet.   I subnetted the /64 delegated range into 8 addresses for each interface of my 60E as /67 addresses.   I took Internal7 and broke the /67 into two /69.  One for Internal7 and one for 221c-AP.   I configured DHCPv6 on 221c-AP.   Fortinet doesn't support DUID to get device names only MAC.   I created my own DHCP/DNS servers in Ubuntu 20.4.1.  I can see IPv6 source and destination traffic now.  

If IPv6 is the next big thing, why can't Fortinet fully support it?   They don't fully support IPv6 Geographic Blocking either.   Since I am a Home User, I don't get the luxury of a Sales Engineer.  Another gripe of mine. 

0 REPLIES 0