Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pnobels
New Contributor II

where do we create a mapped interface name

Hi,

i'm configuring a new interface on a Fortigate cluster running 6.4.11 using Fortimanager.

Part of the process is i need to map to a normalized interface.  I can create a new normalized interface, but the mapped device does not show me the needed mapped interface name (it does show me a bunch of other ones).  It's unclear to me where this needs to be created.  When hovering over the entries it looks like this is a vlan object. 

2023-05-11_11h27_55.png

The object needs to be created somewhere else but the question is where?  Or is a policy and device settings push needed before?  Thx!

2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm the interface itself is device config. That must be created first. I don't think you need to push it before creating the normalized interface.

Reasons for interfaces not showing up are mainly that it is member of a device or sd-wan zone, a switch or a trunk.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
aagrafi1
New Contributor III

The mapped interface belongs to the FG. It can be created in the FMG with various ways:

a. Initially, during the addition of the device to the FMG (create interface mappings for unused interfaces).

b. In the Device Manager, select the device, then Interface > Create new.

c. In the device manager via Provisioning templates > System templates > Interface (at the bottom of the list) > Create new.

Cheers

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors