Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
engineer-th
New Contributor

what happen if I change ip address of Security fabric connection port that manage Forti APs

Hi all, I would like to know what I need to do when I change ip address on the port.

My FW Fortigate 300E has ip address "172.16.0.1/16"  in "Lan" software switch and port 1 is joining. 

Security fabric connection is enabled on this software switch and APs are managed via port 1. (APs have 172.16.0.x)

If I change this port ip address to e.g. 172.16.0.10, can Fortigate FW keep managing Forti APs?

Also, can APs keep configuration such as assigned SSID and profile?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

It depends in the way the APs are configured to discover the WLC:

1(static) → 2(dhcp) → 3(dns) → 7(fortiapcloud) → 5(multicast) → 6(broadcast)

Depending on the discovery method you have to make the appropriate changes in advance. If nothing is configured most probably they are  using method 5 or 6 they will automatically discover again the new IP of the WLC. 
More details shown here:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/7.2.4/fortiwifi-and-fortiap-configuration-guide/570170/ad...

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors