Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Allwyn_Mascarenhas
Contributor

web pages won't open through fortiap on a laptop and some mobile phones

HI

I have 2 FAP221B configured with a FGT 70d in the tunnel mode with WPA2-Personal. Everything worked really well till we tried connecting some more devices to it as this was a demo i was performing. And suddenly we see that 2 nokia lumia and 2 android smartphones won't load any webpages at all in the browser. Also my own samsung ace won't even get to the internet.

While at the same time one samsung and one htc both android devices were getting full internet access for all apps and browsers.

Then i tried with a laptop just to see what's happening. Tracert and ping to google.com(means dns works) works but it just won't open any webpages in the browser, the browser simply acts like there's no internet. Then I saw skype was logged on so i did a test call to their server and that worked. I changed DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and still nothing in any of the browsers chrome,ff and ie.

The basic policy with full access is in use with no UTM features.

Any help and ideas where to look next please.

10 REPLIES 10
Alex_l
New Contributor

Then it very strange. Better to open cases to TAC. i sew as 7-8- client at just one that ap works good.

FG-50E/60D/60E, FAP-221B/21D, FortiClient. 

FG-50E/60D/60E, FAP-221B/21D, FortiClient.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors