Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
isd_networks
New Contributor

web page not open via public ip

i had server in DMZ. public ip->117.218.25.15 internal ip->172.16.7.4 i had created policy for WAN-> DMZ and also DMZ->LAN/LAN->DMZ which works ok i had created LAN->WAN policy for internet access. but when i open webpage using public ip 117.218.25.15then not open but open using 172.16.7.4. what is the problem behind it ? provide the solution...
4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_McMullan

Could you post a packet sniff and flow trace to the post for everyone to look at? Maybe also the definition of the objects, policy, route, etc. from your configuration file.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Fullmoon
Contributor III

ORIGINAL: isd.networks but when i open webpage using public ip 117.218.25.15then not open but open using 172.16.7.4. what is the problem behind it ? provide the solution...
keep in mind by creating VIP, traffic initiated from WAN(X) Int-->DMZ. So I guess you are accessing your public server inside your network. how about accessing your public server outside of your network is it working?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
isd_networks

from outside via internet i can open webpage using live ip 117.218.25.15 and also through url but can' t open through internal LAN network as LAN->WAN policy allowed for same.
Christopher_McMullan

Why not change the binding of the VIP from WAN to any interface, then add an internal > DMZ policy with the VIP as the destination?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors