Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gilbile_nilesh
New Contributor

web filtering not able to applied to any of the policy

we have default policy for the users and it's proxy based.  when policy is applied trough GUI it will not display any error nor it will applied to that rule. 

so could you help me how to troubleshoot the issue so that i can proceed further. 

7 REPLIES 7
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Nilesh.

Welcome to the forums.

Can you provide us a screenshot of your firewall policies list (san any identifiable IP addresses), outlining the policy in question?  (Please include the column headers.) 

Keep in mind that firewall rules are executed from top-to-bottom.  Newly created firewall policies end up at the bottom of the list, so they may need to moved up in the list, before any general fw rule.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
gilbile_nilesh
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

sorry for late update.

when i try to apply the web filtering policy on any of the rules then it will not applied (not able to see in the GUI ) also tried from command line also. but it's not displayed nor getting applied to the policy.

I have enable multiple security profile under the system > config > features. but still it's not working . after refreshing the GUI it will disappear from policy. you can refer the screenshots posted below.

gilbile_nilesh
New Contributor

when webfilter applied

gilbile_nilesh

after refreshing the gui web-filter gets disappeared. 

Dave_Hall

Without the column headers, I can only surmise what the actual columns are.  Also, it seems you have excluded showing rules #1 through 7.   Do you have any other rules set up for the "FW-ED" interface?  Can you check to make sure "Test" is a valid subnet range on the "FW-ED" interface.  You may need to move that rule up, above any other fw rule set up for the "FW-ED" interface.

gilbile_nilesh
New Contributor

also i have observed that none of security profiles are working on any of the policy rules. 

we have checked on the upper most policy rules also but it still not working.

gilbile_nilesh
New Contributor

hey look likes issue is found. whenever i create the new policy then security profiles(web filtering, application control) working fine. but when i tried to edit the existing policy it will not work & it is found tobe setting corruption issue.

The same has been confirmed from fortinet technical support team.

Thanks for your help  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors