Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nik1070
New Contributor

vpn portal, native rdp

Hello there, I`ve upgraded our FGT60C from Firmware v5.2.7 to v5.2.8. Now in ssl-vpn-portal rdp-native doesn`t work anymore. There comes the message "Failed to launch rdp-native" Java is installed correct and works. SMB-access to shares works as well. Has anybody the same experience? Thanks for comments. Nik

1 Solution
fjansson
New Contributor II

nik1070 wrote:

Hello there,

Found out what the problem on rdp-native in SSL-Portal is. Now you need Axtive-x for RDP-native. This is the reason why Firefox isn`t working anymore. So, now you must use MS-Internet-Explorer and there you MUST TURN OFF Active-x-Filtering.

I dont`like this.

Best

Nik

Hi,

How did you go about changing this Nik?

A customer had the same issue. It worked, however, on some clients on Internet Explorer 11 and the latest Java version. Without having to touch any Active X Filtering.

The client that had the issue had the exact same setup, and no Active X Filtering was enabled on the site. The site was also added to trusted sites in Internet Explorer & Java.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Frida Jansson

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nik1070
New Contributor

Hello there,

Found out what the problem on rdp-native in SSL-Portal is. Now you need Axtive-x for RDP-native. This is the reason why Firefox isn`t working anymore. So, now you must use MS-Internet-Explorer and there you MUST TURN OFF Active-x-Filtering.

I dont`like this.

Best

Nik

fjansson
New Contributor II

nik1070 wrote:

Hello there,

I dont`like this.

Best

Nik

Hi,

How did you go about changing this Nik?

A customer had the same issue. It worked, however, on some clients on Internet Explorer 11 and the latest Java version. Without having to touch any Active X Filtering.

The client that had the issue had the exact same setup, and no Active X Filtering was enabled on the site. The site was also added to trusted sites in Internet Explorer & Java.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Frida Jansson

nik1070

Hello Frida,

I did nothing special but that what I wrote. Besides, I got a confirmation from Forti-Support that Active-x is necessary. In IE you have in Adress-line a little circel with a line through it. That shows that on this site Active-x-Elements are implemented. If you klick there you can deactivate filtering especially for that site.

>>In Internet Explorer (IE) Java add-on(s) must be activated. 

>>In IE-InternetOptions > Security-settings for Internet-zone, there Active-x must be allowed, also Scripting for Java-Applets. Maybe the problem are any Restriction there.Try out.

>>After you made any changes there, you must reload the site to make it effective.

>>In control > Java-Properties > Security: Java-Content in Browser must be avitvated. Restart IE after changing.

>>The trusted-site issue is not necassery as far as my tryouts showed.

If Java works not correct, RDP-native will not work, because for the first contact to the server the Fortigate-Portal needs Java.  You can, in addition, deactivate Protected-Mode of IE, but this was in my case not necessary.

Hope that helps

kind Regards

Nik

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors