Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
amatteo78
New Contributor

vpn ipsec between Fortigate 5.2.2 and pfSense

Hello,

I try in every mode to come up vpn tunnel between Fortigate with 5.2.2 and pfSense, I receive error before phase 1, with message "ignoring ike request, no policy configured" but I check 100 times... every is correct on both side. This is first time I do vpn to pfSense, I have other vpn with Cisco and Watchguard without problem, then I try change pfSense with Sophos but same result, I know that both use vpn based on openswan.

Thanks

M.

1 Solution
mmishra_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

"ignoring ike request, no policy configured" usually suggests firewall policy missing for Virtual IPSEC interface.

You might want to cross check firewall policies on Fortigate, there should be following two polices configured:

1>IPSEC virtual interface -> Internal interface (Where network for which traffic is to be send over VPN is connected)

2>Internal interface -> IPSEC virtual interface

Assuming VPN configured are in interface mode

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Also don't forget about policies on the pfsense side

pfctl -s rule | grep ike

pfctl -s rule | grep esp

Make sure you correct the  phase1-cfg as suggested b4.

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Iescudero
Contributor II

Hi Everyone!!

you got enable DPD in your PfSense and disabled in your Fortigate, i bet thats why is not working!

try to change it, and let both sides with equal config.

Let us know if it helps.

Bye!

Iescudero
Contributor II

Also disable "auto-negotiate enable" in IKE Phase2 in the Fortigate Side.

amatteo78
New Contributor

Hello,

thanks to yours reply, I try and come back update you.

M.

amatteo78

Hello,

I solve, the problem is I don't set firewall rule on Fortigate, I mean from local to remote network. I think I can do after tunnel up only to flow traffic.

Thanks to all for helps

M.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

FWIW 

auto-negotiate enable  will not keep a vpn tunnel from coming up. It actually helps with automatica tunnel setup when interesting traffic is  to encrypted.

For  dpd yes the pfsense uses cisco dpd in the initial contact, but that  also will not keep a tunnel from coming up either. typically if they follow  cisco DPD which I think they do, the side that starts the conservation and has DPD enable will send  attempt DPD only if the peer accepts and sends RU-THERE-ACKs

Once again, I don't think that's a issues at this point, since his phase1 errors so no acceptable policies.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors