Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marcofr
New Contributor

vpn KillSwitch

Hi,

We use the free version of vpn forticlient 6.4.7 and my boss ask me if there is a way to activate a killswitch function on it.
I searched about that but i didn't find an answer.

Do you know if it is possible  on free version ? did you tried successfully a third app (and which one ) ?

Is it available natively in full version ?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards, marc.

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Marc,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Marc,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

We will not find an answer until you explain what you mean with "kill switch".

Well, tunnels via FC need to be opened manually (usually), so the user decides when to connect. Are you thinking about the VPN gateway side? How to disconnect a particular VPN user manually from the gateway side?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
btan
Staff
Staff

Hi marcofr,

Second to Ede. Can you clarify 'kill switch'?

If your 'kill switch' meaning disable/shut down FCT when something happen, there is no such options in both free and paid version FCT.

If your 'kill switch' meaning automatic drop/disconnect VPN connection when user is in-office-network, then it is do-able with paid version FCT via disabling to off-fabric profile, or 'Auto Connect Only When Off-Fabric'.
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/ems-administration-guide/682498/remote-access

Regards,
Bon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors